BUILDMAT is a Belgian group of successful companies that operate within the construction and other industries and are committed to the distribution of innovative products. The BUILDMAT group is a dynamic and continually expanding organization. Entrepreneurship and customer focus are key. Buildmat is ambitious and invests in the development of its companies by continuously striving for innovation and digitalization.
The BUILDMAT head office is based in Oostakker. The group, which currently has 7 companies in its portfolio, with a workforce of 360 employees, generated a consolidated turnover of € 210 million in 2021. The shareholders are Joris Ide, Jean Charles Wibo, Geert Van Stappen and Jo Verfaellie.
The markets in which we operate are evolving rapidly. Until recently fairly traditional sectors are now undergoing rapid changes. Hardly a week goes by without an innovative product, concept, method or technology being mentioned in the media.
Buildmat keeps pace with these developments. We constantly monitor the sectors in which we operate looking for innovative products and technologies. This is reflected in the range of products/services provided by our operating companies, in the growth and diversification of our group and in our unconditional focus on digitalisation.
Buildmat invests in both expansion and specialisation. Our acquisitions and participations are focused on specific segments. The companies in question each have their own product range and in-depth expertise and experience. This combination enables us to strive for excellence and added value in each of our operating companies. We want to systematically outperform the market.
Buildmat aims for horizontal integration, not only in terms of product ranges and niches, but also at an organisational level. At group level, we implement best-of-breed digital systems for, amongst others, logistics & supply chain, e-marketing and web shops, finance, etc., which we can quickly integrate and roll out in our different operating companies. This enables us to adapt quickly in all these areas and adopt a leading position in the market.
Deschacht, which has its head office in Oostakker, is a successful Belgian distributor of building products. The company has built up 40 years of know-how and expertise and now employs 180 staff across 10 branches. The extensive range includes sewerage and drainage materials, utility lines and pipework, as well as roofing, facade and insulation materials.
Expertise centres (project supervision & advice) in construction projects from subterranean to roof level, sewerage studies via Bim.
- Own transport for fast delivery
- Online web shop
- 15,000 items in stock
- In-house zinc profiling centres
Foylo in Antwerp is a leading partner and specialist in industrial packaging, construction and LDPE foils.
- Total partner for foils and packaging
- Wide range of products for diverse sectors and applications
- Extensive foil technology know-how
- Focused on logistics: stock management and fast service
Collinet in Herstal operates within the field of water technology and is both a manufacturer and distributor of environmental protection materials.
- Producer of:
- Oil and grease separators
- Storage tanks
- Monitoring chambers & sumps
- Stainless steel drainage materials: linear drainage, gutters
- Extensive range of synthetic drainage channels
- Focused on delivering bespoke solutions
ODM in Grâce-Hollogne distributes a comprehensive range of MRO products (Maintenance, Repair and Operations) at home and abroad and employs approximately 40 people.
- Specialist in manual and cutting tools
- Online web shop linked to fast delivery
- Active in Belgium and France
Technicel® is a market leader and partner offering high quality system solutions to professional flooring contractors in Flanders.
Technicel® brings manufacturers and skilled technicians closer together by testing products within a guaranteed installation system.
The extensive product range includes tile cement, construction panels, discharge techniques, waterproofing products, egaline and silicone compounds.
- Technicel® System solutions are the key to a technically correct and high-quality finish. Delivering quality and certainty at any site!
- The Technicel® Academy trains flooring contractors and advises site managers and architects on the application of the system solutions associated with different tiling techniques.
- Technicel® R&D is continually looking for new developments in order to serve highly skilled technicians even better with guaranteed high quality installations.
- Technicel® Service Centres have representations with dedicated technical advisers in the main construction areas.
Technicel® currently employs 30 people, across 5 stores and advice locations in Flanders and its Corporate Centre in Westerlo. Technicel® is investing in further growth aiming for 10 subsidiaries in Belgium.
The MPP production site in Poland specializes in the manufacture of high quality aluminium floor covers and linear drainage. LS Drain is a sole distributor to the construction and tile trade in the Belgian market.
Please visit the MPP website for further information.